Supervisor of Transportation & Driver Training
To contact Transportation Services, (760) 246-8691:
Ruth Fairley, Supervisor, Ruth_Fairley@aesd.net, ext 10259
Michele McGraw, Coordinator, Michele_Mcgraw@aesd.net, ext 10258
Maria Bamba, Secretary, Maria_Bamba@aesd.net, ext 10660
Times are subject to change. Please check schedule regularly.
- School begins August 09, 2021.
- You are expected to be at the bus stop no more than 5 minutes prior to bus arrival time.
- While waiting for the bus, remain off private property, stand in a straight line quietly until the bus arrives.
- For the safety of all students, when the bus arrives, do not approach the bus until it has come to a complete stop and the driver opens the door.
- In the afternoon. you are to exit the bus at your stop and go straight home.
Bus transportation is provided to each student who demonstrates good behavior and who meets the following criteria:
- Kindergarten through Grade Three: Resides more than 1 ¼ miles from the school of residence.
- Grades Four through Eight: Resides more than two miles from the school of residence.
*Please note that eligibility is based on the distance from the home to the school, not the home to the nearest bus stop.
Bus Routes updated as of Monday, August 30, 2021. To view and download the bus route info, click here.
Bus Rider Policy
SCHOOL BUS: PASSENGER SAFETY: All students in pre-kindergarten, kindergarten, and grades 1 to 6, shall receive written information on school bus safety (i.e., a list of school bus stops near each student's home, general rules of conduct at school bus loading zones, red light crossing instructions, school bus danger zone, and walking to and from school bus stops). Prior to departure on a school activity trip, all students riding on a school bus or school activity bus shall receive safety instruction that includes, but is not limited to, location of emergency exits, and location and use of emergency equipment. Instruction also may include responsibilities of passengers seated next to an emergency exit.
RULES FOR SAFE CONDUCT ON THE BUS: These rules will be reviewed with the students the first day they ride the bus.
- Students must line up in an orderly fashion and maintain social distance of 6 feet prior to the school bus arriving.
- Students must be on the right-hand side of the roadway and at the bus stop five (S) minutes before the bus arrives.
- Students cannot be dropped off in the middle of the roadway ,or allowed to cross the street to get to the bus stop without the direction of the driver, if any school bus is present or currently loading students.
- Students must stand quietly and refrain from horse playing with other student while waiting for the bus.
- Students must not destroy or damage and be considerate of the property at and nearby the bus stop.
- Stand away from the roadway, wait until the bus comes to a complete stop and opens the doors prior to approaching the bus.
- Board the bus in an orderly fashion, do not push or run to the bus.
- Talk in a quiet manner.
- Do not bring animals or insects, caged or otherwise onto the bus.
- Do not bring dangerous objects such as knives, guns glass etc. onto the bus.
- Do not throw objects inside or out of the bus windows.
- Face forward with seatbelts on at all times, do not sit sideways, backwards or have any part of the body in the bus aisles.
- Students must remain seated at all times while on the bus, No standing or moving seats at anytime 14. Remain silent at all railroad crossings.
- Do not smoke or light matches 35.
- Do not fight with other students- fighting is defined as actual physical contact of an aggressive nature, and will result in automatic suspension from the bus for all participants regardless of who instigated the incident.
- Do not yell , whistle or use vulgar or profane language or gestures.
- Breaking of any windows, cutting of any seats, graffiti of bus property or any other damage to the bus will result in immediate revocation of bus privileges, until all damages are paid for.
- No instruments or large boxes allowed on the bus unless they can be stored safely in the undercarriage.
- No balloons of any type including Mylar balloons are allowed on the bus.
- If students must cross the street, they must bus do so in front of the bus with the assistance of the driver.
- No eating or drinking allowed while on the school bus.
- A parent or guardian of a kinder must be present and have in his or her possession a kinder blue card in order for the release of any kinder.
- Parents must arrive on time to pick up their kinder from the bus stop, repeated failures will result in the loss of bus privileges.
- Students must respect and follow the instructions of the bus driver at all times.
- Bulling or name calling will not be tolerated on the bus at anytime.
- Students engaged in a sexual nature of any kind including touching other students or making comments about body parts of other students, or kissing will result in revocation of bus privileges.
- Students must ride their assigned bus and get On/off at assigned bus stops only.
General Conduct for Students on the Bus
Students are expected to conduct themselves in such a manner as to conform to classroom standards of behavior. Students must abide by the above regulations while riding as a passenger on a school bus or any district vehicle Bus Loading and Unloading:
The first time students ride the bus, all drivers will be required to review bus rules with students and assign seating to all students. Bus drivers are also required to release students by seat and check the seats for vandalism prior to letting the students off the bus. Consequences for Bus Violations:
- 1st Offense: Vernal warning; driver must speak to student regarding behavior and review bus rules with the student.
- 2nd Offense: Written warning; parent contacted
- 3rd Offense: 1 day bus riding suspension, parents are contacted and possible Zoom meeting. Schools must issue either a 1-day detention at school or have students pick up trash.
- 4th Offense: 3-day bus riding suspension, parents must attend meeting to discuss next steps prior to student returning. He/She will be placed on bus riding contract. Student will receive 1 week of school issued detentions.
- 5th Offense: 5-day bus riding suspension; parents must attend meeting to discuss next steps prior to returning. Student will receive school issued consequence as determined appropriate by the site administrator based on the nature of the offense. Bus contract will be revised. Parent may be required to ride bus with student.
- 6th Offense: Student will receive 10-day bus riding suspension. Parent and student will sign a contract acknowledging that an additional infraction will result in removal from the bus for the rest of the year. Student will receive school issued consequence as determined appropriate by the site administrator
- based on the nature of the offense.
Please Note: Any fighting or other serious offense will result in the student automatically starting at
step 5. Offenses that pose a serious harm to your student, other riders, drivers of other vehicles, the bus driver, or result in the need for the driver to stop the bus and notify the site administrators and/or
California Highway Patrol (CHP) for assistance may result in immediate removal from the bus for a
minimum of 30-days to the remainder of the year plus appropriate school consequences.
Please use this form to report all bus issues, including bus stop concerns and to report a bus driver. The AESD Transportation Department values your opinion.
Transportation Complaint Form | Formulario de queja de transporte en Español
Please fill out this form completely and submit with these options:
2. Hand deliver to Transportation department.
3. Mail your form to the District Office, 11824 Air Expressway, Adelanto, CA 92301. Attn.: Transportation Department.