August 2, 2021
To parents, students and the entire Adelanto Elementary School learning community:
I hope everyone had an enjoyable and safe summer break. Welcome to the start of the 2021-2022 school year! We are pleased to welcome returning and new families this school year.
As you may know, the Adelanto Elementary School District is fully back with students on campus following all CDC COVID 19 guidelines. The first day of school will be on Monday, August 9, 2021.
· SCHOOL HOURS: TK- 3rd grade: 9:00AM - 3:15PM (Tuesdays only: 9:00AM – 2:30PM) 4th – 5th: 9:00AM – 3:20PM (Tuesdays only: 9:00AM – 2:35PM) 90 Minute Early Out days: TK-3 rd grade: 1:45PM; 4th-5 th grade: 1:50PM · Class assignments will be posted on Wednesday, August 4, 2021 outside the school’s bulletin board.
· BREAKFAST SCHEDULE- BREAKFAST IS SERVED BEFORE SCHOOL ONLY. Breakfast is served in the cafeteria from 8:35am – 8:55am each morning. Due to limited space, only students are allowed inside of the cafeteria for breakfast.
· BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT – Please be sure to attend on Tuesday, August 31, 2021 at 5:00pm for TK through 5th grade students. Important information for this school year will be discussed.
· PERFECT ATTENDANCE- Daily attendance is crucial for your child’s academic success. Students are to be on time every day and remain in school all day. This includes no late pick-ups after school has dismissed.
There are a few things that need to be done prior to the first day of school by all families. Here is the list of items needing to be accomplished before August 9, 2021.
- Data confirmation of current students will be entirely online through the Aeries Online Registration and Parent Portal. Data confirmation must be completed for all students returning to the District because it replaces the paper packets we ask parents to fill out at the start of every school year. Visit https://www.aesd.net/Administration2/centralenrollment for more information and to get started. If you have questions or need technical assistance, please call (760)246-8691 Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4 p.m. You may also schedule an appointment if you need assistance.
- If you do not have a current email on file, please submit your email by visiting https://www.aesd.net/Administration2/centralenrollment. Once the email is received and your student’s record is updated, you will receive an email from the District’s Webmaster with your log-in information for the AERIES Parent Portal. The Parent Portal is where you can keep track of student attendance and academic progress. You will need this account to complete your student(s) data confirmation, as well as to make changes to your student’s demographic information throughout the year (ex: parent email address or home phone number).
- Chromebooks and Textbooks:
- If you have not done so already, please ensure that you send your child to school with any text books from last year that you still have at home.
- Please ensure that you send your student to school with the chrome book that has been assigned to them and ensure that the chrome books are fully charged each day.
- The following methods will be used by the School site to communicate with Adelanto Elementary families: Email to parents, All call, School webpage, Peachjar, Facebook, Twitter & Class Dojo
During these summer days being outside requires continuous hydration. We highly recommend that you send your students with a filled water bottle to school each day with their names clearly written on them. They will also have access to fill at school as well.
As we begin the school year, let us all re-commit ourselves to the understanding that student learning is everyone’s top priority. Thank you, in advance, for all of the support that you demonstrate for your students and the entire Adelanto Elementary School Staff. Please continue to refer to school websites for more information.